Win 7 32 Compusol EccoPro Installation Question
martin_hines
2012-04-18 21:06:11 UTC
I recently downloaded and installed the Compusol Ecco Pro Win 7 32-bit installer and it works great.

However I have one question regarding the Windows Start Menu icons.

BACKGROUND
----------
When I launch EccoPro using the installer created start menu icons it appears the program performs some type of dynamic run-time installation since it accesses "C:\EccoPro32\EccoPro 32 - Installation.msi" every time the program starts up. It takes about 2 seconds to launch EccoPro this way.

Alteratively, if I start EccoPro by launching "C:\Program Files\Ecco\ecco32.exe", EccoPro is launched instantaneously and it does not access the "C:\EccoPro32" directory

QUESTION
--------
What is happening when I click on the installer created start menu icons and can I simply delete these and create a Start menu icon that uses "ecco32.exe" directly? Thanks.
Friedhelm Dohmann
2012-04-19 07:42:33 UTC
You can! Just make sure you always run W7 as administrator and/or with
administrative privileges.

F.
--
Friedhelm Dohmann
<http://www.compusol.org/>
<http://www.creativeservices.org/>
www.creativeservices.org <http://www.creativeservices.org/>
www.creativeservices.us <http://www.creativeservices.us/>
www.beaufortfilm.org <http://www.beaufortfilm.org/>
P.O. Box 927
Beaufort, SC 29901
+1.843.522.2000
Skype: fdohmann
Germany:
Am Sonnenhang 3
58511 Lüdenscheid
+49.2351.22188
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/creativeservices>Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/EccoPro-Information-Management/108721912479285>YouTube

Creative Design <http://www.creativeservices.org/> and Advanced Hosting
Solutions <http://www.creativeservices.us/>

The Home of EccoPro for Windows 7, Vista and XP 64-bit and 32-bit
<http://www.compusol.org/ecco/>
P print only when necessary!
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any use, distribution or disclosure of content or the commercial use
of photography or artwork without a written release is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by email and delete the message and any
file attachments from your computer. Thank you.
martin_hines
2012-04-19 13:52:35 UTC
Thanks for the reply!