Question about what new Ecco Pro functions are available
seneca_kw
2012-07-11 19:07:32 UTC
I've been an Ecco Pro user for 15 years but haven't kept up with developments. Could someone someone tell me if any of the extensions provide the following functions?

1) Text highlight (text formatted with the background a different color)
2) Text cross-out
3) Ability to move columns to the left of the main outline area

As you can see, these are not complicated features, but they're ones that I find myself repeatedly hoping for. I did a search on EccoMagic and here but didn't have much luck and I felt a bit overwhelmed by the mass of info.

Thanks, Wayne
JS
2012-07-14 11:06:00 UTC
1) no, I miss it too

2) no, you may try Strikeout font (available at FrontSpace) instead

3) no

Still it has many other features worth to try it. In situ filters, regular expression, mouse wheel support, portability, scripts, etc.

Thanks, Wayne
Joule
2012-07-14 22:36:09 UTC
Could you please explain 'portability?' Full scynching still not available for Android, correct?

Joule

Thanks, Wayne
JS
2012-07-15 11:31:03 UTC
Correct, no synching for Android.

By “portability” I meant that with the extension Ecco requires no installation, so it may run from an USB flash drive.