Editing Default Values in Ecco Pro
rjgriffin46
2012-04-06 16:43:49 UTC
There are occasions when I edit an existing form for the purpose of changing default values. Sometimes the "Defaults" button does not appear on the window. I have not been able to figure out why there are times when that button is available and at other times it is not when editing an existing form. It seems always available when creating a new form. The Help information does not indicate any circumstance when it would not be available. Thanks
Don Johnson
2012-04-07 04:55:34 UTC
What steps are you taking to open the form for editing? I haven't messed
with this for awhile, but perhaps if you analyze the steps you are
taking to edit a form, you can see what is up. I just now used the
command "Manage Forms", picked a form for editing, and the Default
Values form appeared.

However, I seem to recall situations where it wasn't available, but
can't remember exactly what I was doing to cause this. So... if you
could describe step by step what you are doing, maybe you can see or we
can help you see where the issue is.

There are usually more than one way to do things in ecco, so maybe one
way will cause the issue and another way won't.
--
Maranatha!

Pastor Don Johnson, Jer. 33.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grace Baptist Church of Victoria (Independent)
2731 Matson Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 4M5
ch. 250.474.7283 hm. 778.425.2243
fx. 778.425.4475 cell. 250.889.9789

www.gbcvic.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bob Griffin
2012-04-07 14:02:20 UTC
Pastor Don:

I follow the same steps you mention ("Manage Forms" etc.).  My only other thought is that Ecco is installed on a server and a couple other people use it and perhaps that has something to do with it.

Thanks

________________________________

There are occasions when I edit an existing form for the purpose of changing default values. Sometimes the "Defaults" button does not appear on the window. I have not been able to figure out why there are times when that button is available and at other times it is not when editing an existing form. It seems always available when creating a new form. The Help information does not indicate any circumstance when it would not be available. Thanks ------------------------------------ To Post a message, send it to: eccopro-***@public.gmane.org To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: eccopro-***@eGroups.com Group web-site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eccopro/
Don Johnson
2012-04-08 04:39:26 UTC
Ok, I think I figured it out. The forms that are not "phonebook" forms
seem to always have the default values available. The Phonebook forms
(see the Phonebook menu, Change Phonebook Form...) don't have default
values available.

The only flaw to this theory is that I /think/ in one of my phonebook
forms I created some default values once... can't seem to reduplicate
that now, but...

Anyway, check that out, at least it might help with understanding what
is going on.
--
Maranatha!

Pastor Don Johnson, Jer. 33.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Sent:* Saturday, April 7, 2012 12:55 AM
www.gbcvic.org <http://www.gbcvic.org>
Bob Griffin
2012-04-10 00:38:00 UTC
I've had the defaults in PhoneBook as well.  In my latest situation, the defaults are not available in PhoneBook nor other views.

Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2012 12:55 AM

Post by Bob Griffin
--
Maranatha!