Compusol Installer Doesn't Work
cinosweiv
2010-02-19 16:59:53 UTC
I've tried and tried but cannot get the Compusol installer to work with Windows 7. I can get Ecco to run, but Windows insists on running it in XP Compatability mode (selection is greyed out so I cannot change it) and every time I run it I have to answer the question "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?"

Then, I cannot get windows to accept my ecco.cfx file, so all of my tool bar options are gone.

Biggest PIA though is always having to answer the question "do you want . . ." every time I load ecco.

Have I done something wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now but nothing seems to work.
Friedhelm Dohmann
2010-02-19 19:00:10 UTC
Others do not have your problem! What is the date on the installer?
Which OS version are you running, 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you need phone support, please don't hesitate to call us. We are
unable to call you since the number you left in your membership
application 404.555.1212 is not a truthful entry. And calling
Information is useless since you were not willing to leave your name or
your actual address. We paused your account awaiting clarification.

Friedhelm
--
<http://www.compusol.org/>
<http://www.creativeservices.org/>

.Ž¯`..ž.....><(((º>
.,,><((((º>`..žž..Ž¯`..ž..Ž¯`....ž><((((º>ž.
.Ž¯`..ž. , . ..Ž¯`... ><((((º>`..žž..Ž¯`..ž..Ž¯`....ž><((((º>
Think Outside The Bowl!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by email and delete the message and any
file attachments from your computer. Thank you.
cinosweiv
2010-02-19 21:02:25 UTC
Wow. Pretty harsh. Sorry I asked a question. I didn't give you my phone number because I don't hand that out to anyone. If you have a problem with that, I certainly understand, just refund my money.

Your own recent post admitted that many people have had problems getting their tool bars to work, I was simply confirming that as well as asking for help with that and another problem. I don't see the need to become confrontational.

I am using the latest, fully updated version of Windows 7 and the 64bit Ecco installer.
Friedhelm Dohmann
2010-02-20 01:00:29 UTC
Dear ...

No, we tried to call you to help you with your problem, found your fake
membership data and we were not able to do so.

According to our access log you signed up on 12/14/2009, logged in and
downloaded the EccoPro64 installer version of that date. How come you
are waiting eight weeks to test the EccoPro installation? We had many
member downloads since then but no complains addressed to us regarding
the installation of the "ecco.cfx" file or the missing toolbar. We
noticed the "toolbar" issue by following the "eccopro" and "ecco_pro"
board messages which included list members using a different, free
available Win 7 64-bit installation, not the one offered by CompuSol. We
tested the EccoPro installation on all Windows operating systems
successfully and we improved our installer in several areas since your
download in December. The latest installer version is dated 2/2/2010.

You problem seems to be an access or permission problem. You have to
allow the program to make changes to your computer. Check all your
security settings. For the installation to work you have to be signed
in as an administrator with full access rights to your "c:\windows"
folder. After that, the installer takes care of all file permissions
for you, at the "c:\windows" folder and in case of the 64-bit
installation the "Program Files (x86)" folder. Should you get the "Can't
write to file" permission error right-click your .eco data file (or your
.cfx file), click on Properties, go to the Security tab and edit the
permissions for "Users" to "Full Control". In your case, try to copy the
"ecco.cfx" file of your old install or the zipped version manually into
"c:\windows" and set the permissions as above. Try to recreate the
toolbar and you will see it sticks permanently.

As stated, your problem is specific to your system. Again, If there is a
problem with our installer the paying member base would have voiced
their concerns.

If you would like to un-pause your account and download our latest
installer please email your full name and phone number to
"support-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:support-***@public.gmane.org>" so we can verify
your download request (see also our "Membership Agreement Terms
<http://www.compusol.org/adpass/html/memberterms.html>").

Regards,
Friedhelm
--

<http://www.compusol.org/ <http://www.compusol.org/>>
<http://www.creativeservices.org/ <http://www.creativeservices.org/>>
cinosweiv
2010-02-23 14:38:25 UTC
This is bizarre. Dude, I posted a legitimate request for help and you responded by accusing me of making the whole thing up, publicly berated me, and denying me the website access that I had paid for. Now you expect us to believe that you had intended to call me to offer help? What is it about your behavior that would cause anyone to believe that?

Let's see, you have taken my money, sold me a piece of software that doesn't work, and when I ask for help, help that you promised that you would provide, you instead berate me and cancel my account on your website. Then you have the audacity to call me dishonest because I don't want to give you my phone number? Wow. If that's not the cast iron pot calling the glass of milk black.

While we are on the subject of "honesty", how about the fact that you always refer to yourself as "we". Don't you think that is a tad dishonest? Is anyone berating you for that?

Like I said, I don't give my phone number to anyone, especially someone who is likely to use it for the purpose of berating me. If you have a problem with that, fine, just refund my money. Since you place such a high price on "honesty", I'm sure that you are OK with that. If on the other hand you take some pride in your business, then give me the help that you charged me for and lets see if we can get this straightened out. An apology would be nice too, but I won't be holding my breath.
Friedhelm Dohmann
2010-02-23 15:22:20 UTC
Please watch your language.

We did not sell you any software. As a member in good standing you have
the right to download free software from our support sites under the
"General Software License" agreement included as part of the software
download and displayed at our "Membership Agreement Terms" at
http://www.compusol.org/adpass/html/memberterms.html
<http://www.compusol.org/adpass/html/memberterms.html>. You problem
seems to be a windows security or permission problem as explained in our
mail of 2/19. We can't help you further, not per phone or otherwise, if
you are not willing to share with us who you are and how to reach you.

Please direct any further mail to "support-***@public.gmane.org
<mailto:support-***@public.gmane.org>"

Friedhelm Dohmann, Wil Thomas, Michael D. Severson and Charlene
Perry-Dohmann

<snip>
Friedhelm Dohmann
2010-02-23 15:58:12 UTC
A logical follow-up: Since you are not willing to share with us who you
are and how to reach you., we would not know how to refund you!
Sam Shelton
2010-02-23 16:17:17 UTC
Just a note Friedhelm. I am impressed with how you handle these situations. You are more patience than I. Sam Shelton, Atlanta

buff.flyer
2012-04-14 02:03:09 UTC
Same. What a butthead.
Charles H Nadler
2012-04-14 06:06:03 UTC
Also, notice that "cino" is a variation on Chinese, and "sweiv" is a
variation on swive, which in Middle and Old English is colloquial for
sexual intercourse. This guy is a joker or The Joker.

Charles Nadler
Same. What a butthead.
Post by Sam Shelton
... fine, just refund my money. Since you place such a high price on
"honesty", I'm sure that you are OK with that.
Charles H Nadler Reply To:
charlesnadler2-***@public.gmane.org

1551 Larimer Street
Apt 2502
Denver, CO 80202-1637

(303) 825-0585 (Phone)
(303) 518-8684 (Cell)
(303) 800-4136 (Skype)

(303) 825-0585 (FAX)

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
In the court of birds, the bugs always lose!
An Old African Proverb
"Sometimes one who digs a grave for another ends up falling in himself."
An Old Yiddish Saying
"You don't hit a man on the head when you've got your fingers between
his teeth."
A Ghanaian Proverb
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we all are his accomplices."
Edward R. Murrow
"It is infinitely better that blood should flow to our horses' bridles
than our national liberties should be destroyed."
Governor David H. Waite, Colorado, 1892
government."
Edward Paul Abbey, twentieth-century polemicist and desert anarchist
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin, July 4, 1776
NOTICE: Due to the actions of former President Bush, and Congress' fear of
former Vice President Cheney, the National Security Agency may
have
read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may
do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor
protection save
to actively petition your President, Congress and Senate, to
revoke the USA
Patriot Act (U SAP Act) and any other laws that attack the 4th
Amendment to the
US Constitution, or to replace them through the election
process at the earliest
possible time.