"Run Watchdog"
Frank Nettleton
2012-08-04 17:45:54 UTC
I'm currently dealing with a Low Memory Condition (as opposed to Out of ID's) situation in one of my Ecco files.  One of the bits of advice I find on the Compusol site is to "run Watchdog."  I can't seem to see what that means or how to do it.  Advice, please?

Thanks,

Frank
Friedhelm Dohmann
2012-08-04 18:47:58 UTC
Dear Frank ...

1. You've might been close to Ecco's internal limits. Some are caused by
inserting dates per an AutoAssign rule. We recommend to disable the
default setting.

Here are possible steps you can take to resolve the problem. In *all*
cases, take a backup before you do anything.

A. You can copy all the contents to a new file. If the problem is
corruption, this might fix it.

B. You can do a File, Database, Recover. This will fix any corruption,
but you will lose custom views and print catalogs.

C. You can find the Item Limits if you read the Watchdog FAQs and
download and run EccoPro Watchdog from our EccoPro download section at
CreativeServices.us <http://www.creativeservices.us>. That will tell you
whether you have hit a limit. If so, your only solution is to delete a
significant number of old items and then do File, Database, Compact.

D. Please also study Ecco's Memory limits at
http://www.compusol.org/ecco/memlimits.html

Best,

Friedhelm Dohmann
<http://www.compusol.org/>
<http://www.creativeservices.org/>
www.creativeservices.org <http://www.creativeservices.org/>
www.beaufortfilm.org <http://www.beaufortfilm.org/>
P.O. Box 927
Beaufort, SC 29901
+1.843.522.2000
Skype: fdohmann
in Germany:
Am Sonnenhang 3
58511 Lüdenscheid
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/creativeservices>Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/EccoPro-Information-Management/108721912479285>YouTube

Creative Design <http://www.creativeservices.org/> and Advanced Hosting
Solutions <http://www.creativeservices.us/>

The Home of EccoPro for Windows 7, Vista and XP 64-bit and 32-bit
<http://www.compusol.org/ecco/>
P print only when necessary!
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any use, distribution or disclosure of content or the commercial use
of photography or artwork without a written release is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by email and delete the message and any
file attachments from your computer. Thank you.
Frank
Frank Nettleton
2012-08-04 20:29:44 UTC
Dear Friedhelm,

Many thanks indeed for your quick response.

I still can't find anything called Watchdog or EccoPro Watchdog.  Could you provide a specific URL for it?

The list of downloads I see on the CompuSol site:
+

EccoPro64: 64-bit Installation for XP Vista and Windows7

EccoPro32: 32-bit Installation for XP Vista and Windows7

EccoPro 4.01: Get the 1997 Version

Readme: Installation Info for the above

Books: Ecco Manual & Tech Documents

Startup: EccoPro Templates

EccoPro V2: Version 2 on "4" Floppies

EccoPro V3: Intellilink Combo

Update32: Get the last Program Update

Synchronizing: Palm Installation Steps

Ecco-Palm Synch: Ecco to Palm Notes

Tungsten T3: Install Details

Registry Install T3: Registry File

Server Network: Workgroup Admin

Networking: Setup Examples

WinZip: Unzip Files

Thanks,

Frank

2012-08-04 21:48:43 UTC
Frank ...

These are the links to CreativeServices.us
<http://www.creativeservices.us> at the CompuSol site. As a member you
have to go to our portal CreativeServices.us
<http://www.creativeservices.us> and login to your Client Area and you
will find the Download section under My Services -> Downloads - EccoPro
Membership -> View Details:

You will find the following compressed files free to download in that order:

EccoPro 32-bit Installer
EccoPro 64-bit Installer
EccoPro Information Management Video 01
EccoPro Information Management Video 02
EccoPro Information Management Video 03
EccoPro Information Management Video 04
EccoPro Information Management Video 05
EccoPro Information Management Video 06
EccoPro Information Management Video 07
EccoPro Information Management Video 08
EccoPro Manuals and Tech Notes
EccoPro Memory Limits
EccoPro Memory Reporter
EccoPro Mouse Driver FreeWheel
EccoPro Network Administration
EccoPro Network Synchronization
EccoPro Templates
EccoPro Tutorials Volume 1
EccoPro Tutorials Volume 2
EccoPro Tutorials Volume 3
EccoPro Uninstallation Help
EccoPro Version 2.0
EccoPro Version 3.01
EccoPro Version 3.01 AddOn Programs with 16-bit Windows versions of
Catalyst Tools, Forms and Reporter including CallCommanderPro version
1.2. Important: Those programs might not work with your present
Operating System!

http://youtu.be/3IQBNMDi5l8

Post by Frank Nettleton
Dear Friedhelm,
Many thanks indeed for your quick response.
I still can't find anything called Watchdog or EccoPro Watchdog.
Could you provide a specific URL for it?
+
EccoPro64: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
64-bit Installation for XP Vista and Windows7
EccoPro32: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
32-bit Installation for XP Vista and Windows7
EccoPro 4.01: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/401e32.zip> Get the 1997
Version
Readme: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/eccoreadme.wri> Installation
Info for the above
Books: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4> Ecco
Manual & Tech Documents
Startup: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4> EccoPro
Templates
EccoPro V2: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
Version 2 on "4" Floppies
EccoPro V3: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
Intellilink Combo
Update32: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4> Get
the last Program Update
Synchronizing: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/palmhoots.txt> Palm
Installation Steps
Ecco-Palm Synch: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/ecco_palm5notes.txt>
Ecco to Palm Notes
Tungsten T3: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/eccototungstent3.pdf>
Install Details
<http://www.compusol.org/ecco/eccototungstent3.reg> Registry File
Server Network: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
Workgroup Admin
Networking: <http://www.creativeservices.us/whmcs/cart.php?gid=4>
Setup Examples
WinZip: <http://www.compusol.org/ecco/wz32v63.exe> Unzip Files
Thanks,
Frank
Frank
JS
2012-08-06 06:31:57 UTC
SignatureAlternativly, you can find it here in the file section:

1. You've might been close to Ecco's internal limits. Some are caused by inserting dates per an AutoAssign rule. We recommend to disable the default setting.

Here are possible steps you can take to resolve the problem. In *all* cases, take a backup before you do anything.

A. You can copy all the contents to a new file. If the problem is corruption, this might fix it.

B. You can do a File, Database, Recover. This will fix any corruption, but you will lose custom views and print catalogs.

C. You can find the Item Limits if you read the Watchdog FAQs and download and run EccoPro Watchdog from our EccoPro download section at CreativeServices.us. That will tell you whether you have hit a limit. If so, your only solution is to delete a significant number of old items and then do File, Database, Compact.

Frank
Frank Nettleton
2012-08-06 18:11:31 UTC
Thanks, JS -- still can't open the .exe file (the parameter is incorrect, whatever that means), but at least I found it -- I'd quite given up.

Best,

Frank

Frank
w***@public.gmane.org
2012-08-06 17:47:13 UTC
I recently encountered a "Low Memory Condition" when I was trying to switch
from one open Ecco file to another open Ecco file. I finally was able to
get it to go away by closing some of the open Ecco files.

I usually have some large Ecco files open at the same time, plus other
applications.

Bill
Frank Nettleton
2012-08-06 18:18:37 UTC
Thanks, Bill -- will try this next time I have the problem.

Best,

Frank