Suggestions for starting over.
Professor Higgins
2012-04-04 00:26:51 UTC
I am re visiting my use of EccoPro reflecting a change of career/heart(?)

Common wisdom would be ....

Create a New EccoPro from Scratch? (using the New Default ecco) - Is there an easy way of copying those pieces of Info I wanted between files?

Use the current Ecco (Not knowing if it may have potential problems (none so far) and deleting the info no longer appropriate...

Just carry on using the file leave everything as is - incase I have to refer to something later.....
Don Johnson
2012-04-04 04:17:56 UTC
Post by Professor Higgins
I am re visiting my use of EccoPro reflecting a change of career/heart(?)
Common wisdom would be ....
Create a New EccoPro from Scratch? (using the New Default ecco) - Is there an easy way of copying those pieces of Info I wanted between files?
The easiest way I know to do this is to copy a Notepad from one ecco
file to another. You have to be SURE you have all the relevant columns
on display in the "From" notepad.
Post by Professor Higgins
Use the current Ecco (Not knowing if it may have potential problems (none so far) and deleting the info no longer appropriate...
Just carry on using the file leave everything as is - incase I have to refer to something later.....
This last would be my preference, for what it is worth. But then I tend
to be a pack rat, so deleting stuff is... well, like throwing things away!

FWIW
--
Maranatha!

Pastor Don Johnson, Jer. 33.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grace Baptist Church of Victoria (Independent)
2731 Matson Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 4M5
ch. 250.474.7283 hm. 778.425.2243
fx. 778.425.4475 cell. 250.889.9789

www.gbcvic.org
jja92
2012-04-04 10:04:37 UTC
Post by Professor Higgins
Use the current Ecco (Not knowing if it may have potential problems (none so far) and deleting the info no longer appropriate...
Just carry on using the file leave everything as is - incase I have to refer to something later.....
This last would be my preference, for what it is worth. But then I tend
to be a pack rat, so deleting stuff is... well, like throwing things away!
I suggest to make a backup of the old file, rename the BU with the date of backup, zip and archive it. Then start deleting old information that probably will not be used again. I do this every January, in order to prevent the file from growing excessively, but still have some 12 years of info available. And really I never had to search the archived files.